Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lincoln, Roosevelt and Obama?

When it comes to historic political speeches, they are few and far between. We read about the Gettysburg Address and the "Day of Infamy" speech, and feel inspired by their words. I always hoped that one day I would hear a speech that left that same feeling in my gut. Two days ago I got my wish. Barack Obama's "race" speech that he delivered recently is one of the most inspiring, honest speeches I have heard from a contemporary politician.

He certianly has my vote for the next President. Any doubt I ever had about his ablity to lead this nation has been dissolved. Watch the video if you haven't seen it yet, I would love to hear what you guys thought of it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/18/obama-race-speech-read-t_n_92077.html

1 comment:

Jared said...

I wish I had clicked on this when I was in a reading mood... I will certainly read this later. I trust in your judgment though, Justin.